Position Title: Natural Resources Management Officer (Senior Water Advisor), Backstop 40, FSL-01
Position Location: Bureau for Africa, Office of Sustainable Development, Washington, DC
Salary Range: $142,701 - $170,800
Opening Date: January 16, 2020
Closing Date: January 30, 2020
Bureau Description: The Bureau for Africa (AFR) is the USAID/Washington Operating Unit charged with managing USAID economic development programs in Africa. The Office of Sustainable Development (SD) has the responsibility of providing technical support for these programs. AFR/SD’s technical responsibilities span across all areas of economic development – economic growth, agriculture, the environment, global climate change, biodiversity, water, democracy and governance, education, and health. This position is located in the Economic Growth, Environment, and Agriculture (EGEA) Division.
Application Instructions: Interested employees should submit a detailed resume/CV, a cover letter, and security clearance level, if any to Nicole Southard (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please use the position title and grade level (Natural Resources Management Officer (Senior Water Advisor) FSL-01 AFR/SD/EGEA) in the subject line. Application submissions are requested by January 30, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. (EST).
Any questions concerning this notice may be directed to:
-- Karen O’Donnell, AFR/SD, (202) 712-0104, email@example.com
Description of Position: The Senior Water Advisor will serve as a senior regional technical expert and resource person on water, sanitation, hygiene, and environment programming in Sub-Saharan Africa. The Senior Water Advisor will provide AFR/SD/EGEA with the following essential support:
1. Track and analyze developments and innovations in the water, sanitation, hygiene, and environment sectors in Africa;
2. Mentor and provide technical leadership to AFR/SD/EGEA water, sanitation, hygiene, and environment programming staff;
3. Provide technical support to missions for program development, implementation of new mechanisms, monitoring, and evaluation;
4. Develop cutting edge research concepts that support USAID’s efforts to promote improved access to water, sanitation, hygiene, and sustainable environment in sub-Saharan Africa and incorporate research findings into policies, programs, and strategies;
5. Serve as a senior technical liaison with other USG agencies, donor organizations, and non-governmental organizations to ensure coordination;
6. Prepare Agency leadership for participation in inter and intra-agency policy and strategic discussions, including the preparation of reports and briefing materials;
7. Develop analysis and funding recommendations for field-based programming;
8. Serve as a Contracting Officer’s Representative, Agreement Officer’s Representative, or activity manager as required; and
9. Contribute to other AFR priorities and objectives as assigned.
The Senior Water Advisor will perform the full range of project design and management functions including concept development, participation in evaluation committees, development of procurement-related documentation for awards, and monitoring activity performance.
Qualifications: FSL-01: The incumbent must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the FSL-02 level in the Federal service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis.